We use an undocumented feature internally for demoing Peanut Butter PC at trade shows and to schools. It's a command-line parameter that allows us to point the software to different directories or drives.
This gives us the ability to have more than one setup on the same computer. For example, we may show PBPC with several children, each having their own programs and websites. But, we can also show the system using grade levels to separate the programs and websites. Or, we can just separate the websites from the programs.
In each case, we replicate the directory structure under
|C:\Program Files\Peanut Butter Software Co\Peanut Butter PC\
Just copy all the files and directory structure into a new folder. For example, we use
Then create a new shortcut for the PB_PC.exe file
1) Right-click on the desktop and select New|Shortcut
2) Browse to the find the PB_PC.exe and select it.
3) The textbox will now read something like,
|"C:\Program Files\Peanut Butter Software Co\Peanut Butter PC\PB_PC.exe"
4) Place your cursor in the textbox after the quote and enter:
5) Click Next, give it a name and you're done.
This shortcut will now run a different set kids, programs, websites, options, etc.
Good luck and email us if you have any questions.